Sunday, February 28, 2010

First Day of Class

So far it has been a hectic day. Late last night, I realized I had signed up for the wrong course and it wouldn't help me when transferred back to UW. Therefore, on my first day of class here, I have been working frantically to rearrange my schedule and get into courses that will transfer back home and not set me back. On the bright side, they have a better system than UW over here for signing up for classes. First you enroll in a lecture, then the professor sets a date and time when everyone then signs up for tutorials (discussions,) practicals (labs,) etc.

I've attended two lectures today: Fluid Mechanics and Introductory Philosophy. I will definitely be taking Fluids, but might end up dropping Philosophy. They were both really big lectures, probably 125 and 200 people, respectively. Fluids seems like a typical engineering course and may be difficult, whereas Philosophy had a lot of reading and discussions, which will be somewhat new to me. At least I only have to pass...

As of right now, my schedule is somewhat worked out, and I think I will be taking Fluid Mechanics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Environmental Issues Monitoring & Assessment, and World Religions.

View of campus from above

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha good luck getting into the right courses, Matt. If for some reason you don't, then you can accompany me when I have to go an extra semester!!!! Dang, that looks like an awesome campus.

    ReplyDelete