Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sydney Trip: Blue Mountains

After going to Bondi Beach, I spent the next two days in the Blue Mountains about an hour and a half north of Sydney. My first day in the Blue Mountains, I went on a tour with the "Happy Coach." We did a lot of bushwalking through the mountains to some great views over the various valleys in the range.



The next day, I went on an rappelling / canyoning trip to Empress Falls. We spent the morning learning how to rappel, climbing down gradually taller cliff faces from 5 to 30 meters. After a lunch in the mountains, we went to a national park to trek through a canyon, culminating with a 30 meter rappel down a waterfall. It was so much fun! We hiked through the creek running through the canyon, slid down small waterfalls, and jumped into deep pools of water. At the end of the hike, we ended at the top of Empress Falls and rappelled down its 30 meter waterfalls. It was such a difference experience than anything I've done before, and I definitely want to do it again.

Learning to rappel

Hiking through the canyon

Empress Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment