Friday, April 30, 2010

Sydney Trip: The City

My last two days in Sydney I spent exploring the city. The downtown area was very easy to get around, and a lot of the city was accessible on foot from my hostel. I saw the obligatory Sydney Opera House and Harbor Bridge, checked out Chinatown, a historic area called The Rocks, and Darling Harbor. In a park area near the Opera House, I watched an interesting street performance. There was a contortionist twisting her body into weird shapes, and the grand finale of her show was fitting herself into a 16 inch square box on top of a 4 foot post. I also walked across the Harbor Bridge, which provided a nice vantage point to see the harbor and city. Sydney is a pretty fun city and seems like a good place to live.

Sydney Opera House and Harbor Bridge

View of Sydney from the Harbor Bridge

1 comment:

  1. You would go to Chinatown lol
    Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete